Hello everyone! We have concluded half the year! Congratulations to you for hanging in. A month that has seemed to be everlasting, has been a ride of awakenings, lessons, clarity, and the beginnings of stepping into your personal power and purpose. We thank you universe for all provided during this time!
Through the wave of emotions and shifts this month, the energy of how we are communicating and receiving communication was strong. The experiences included: one sided communication; expectations of what we want communicated; reactionary communication to manipulative communication.
What we get to be conscious of:
- No response is a response. What feedback are you giving the other party by not responding? How do you feel if you are not receiving a response?
- Are you waiting for someone to communicate something to you, without asking the other party for that direct communication?
- What is triggering you when you respond to someone in reaction mode?
- Are you twisting or falsifying communication in order to receive the response you are seeking?
- Are you assuming something of someone or a situation and not communicating to find out accurate facts?
Tips for effective and conscious communication that lead to more joyful and authentic experience overall:
1) Life can get busy yes. If we forget to respond to someone even if it is weeks later, it is best to acknowledge forgetting to respond rather than leaving a possible impression to the other party that they were ignored, or that you are not keeping your word. If it is an area you are not comfortable responding to or uncomfortable speaking about at the moment, let the other party know this, so there is no confusion behind the lack of response.
2) To assist with the above, and to receive communication you are seeking in general, it is up to you to ask for communication you need to receive. Reminder to opposite party, respond in best way you can as mentioned above. It is always best to ask, if you are not getting what you need, so you are not carrying the energy of the unknown, that can create all kinds of unhealthy mindsets.
3) If you are reacting in your response to others, reflect on what is triggering this reaction? Ie: anger, frustration, fear. Ask yourself where is this coming from? What is the real reason for my reaction? Then communicate your feelings authentically. How the other party responds is their responsibility. However, you are remaining authentic and releasing feelings you may have. The most effective is when both parties are communicating freely and each are actively listening to each other to come to an understanding.
4) Is something not going your way? Are you twisting things up so the other party will conform to your side. Is that fair to the other party? Could you possibly consider communicating your feelings on a situation and why it is important for you to have something one way, while actively listening to the other person and whats important to them. The parties can then compromise with each other to make the situation work out best for all involved.
5) Lastly, sometimes a situation or a person may appear a certain way however this may not be the case. Best is to confirm from the other party the truth behind the matter, and/or feelings towards them so all is cleared and you may enjoy your experience of each other better.
For further coaching regarding effected areas of communication, please contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org
Peace, Blessings, and Positive Communication.